as mentioned here,
i'm obsessed with a blog that features dessert recipes
that are just enough for two people. HELLO. best idea ever!
these macaroons are rich enough to satisfy you with just a couple little bites.
delicious and VERY coconut-y.
recipe via dessert for two
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon flour
pinch of salt
1 large egg white
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 teaspoon oil (for chocolate drizzle)
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees.
line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat
2. in a large bowl, combine coconut, sugar, flour and salt. stir well.
3. add egg white and almond extra and stir very well, until no dry patches remain.
4. scoop dough into 6 mounds on the baking sheet. use your fingers to flatten the cookies.
(the flatter they are, the crispier they'll get)
5. place cookie sheet in the oven and turn down heat to 325.
bake for 23-25 minutes, letting edges brown.
6. let cookies cool on sheet for a minute or two before moving to a rack to cool completely.
7. if you desire a chocolate drizzle, melt chocolate and oil in double boiler or microwave until smooth. dip, drizzle or dunk cookies, let harden, and serve!