why hello there! i'm back :)
and guess what?
this morning i have eggnog in my coffee
and christmas music playing on my headphones.
HELLO HOLIDAY SEASON! :)
in my opinion it's never too soon to start celebrating.
and what better way to get in the spirit then snuggling up
with some soup while it starts getting blustery outside?
this soup was amazingly easy and healthy.
ate it every day for lunch and dinner for 3 days in a row.
delicious and hearty. perf.
recipe via cooking light
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 thyme sprig
- 3 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1. add oil to pan over medium heat; swirl to coat.
- add onion and next 5 ingredients (through thyme) to pan; sauté 4 minutes.
- 2. add broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- add pasta and beans; cook 5 minutes.
- 3. stir in chicken, and sprinkle with cheese. discard thyme.
4. enjoy :)