today i'm off to one of my favorite places
in the entire world... whistler!
a magical little ski town that always
makes me feel like i'm at the north pole!
in the meantime i'll leave you with these
AMAZING and festive popovers.
recipe via bon appetit
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
3 large eggs
2 1/2 cups whole milk
3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
1. preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. whisk flour, parsley, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
3. whisk eggs and milk in a large bowl until well blended.
4. gently whisk in flour mixture,
followed by 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
(do not overmix)
5. grease muffin tin with melted butter.
pour batter into prepared tin, filling cups 3/4 full.
**the only trouble i had with this recipe was that the popovers
got stuck on the bottom of my muffin tin.
i used melted butter for greasing, but a
non-stick baking spray probably would have been better!
6. bake popovers until puffed, golden brown,
and crispy around edges, 30-35 minutes.
using a thin knife, remove popovers from pan.