happy thanksgiving friends!
what a JOY it has been to share my life
and cooking adventures with you over this past year.
i have so many things to be thankful for.
a top ten list just wouldn't do! :)
as you are all basting your turkeys,
preparing your sides, and spending time with your loved ones,
i thought i would share a little twist on the classic pecan pie.
recipe via martha stewart
4oz semisweet high quality chocolate chips
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup pecans
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees, with rack in the lowest position.
2. in a microwave melt chocolate, stirring occasionally until smooth
(about 2 to 3 minutes)
3. in a medium bowl, stir together (do not whisk) eggs,
corn syrup, sugar, vanilla, and salt. stirring constantly, add melted chocolate.
pour filling into prepared crust. place pie plate on a rimmed baking sheet.
arrange pecans in an even (and pretty) layer over the filling.
4. bake until just set (filling should jiggle slightly when pie plate is tapped)
about 50-60 minutes, rotating halfway through.
5. let cool completely on a wire rack,
at least 4 hours (or overnight) before serving.
this pie was beautiful and super easy.
if anything it was TOO decadent.
but maybe a chocolate lovers dream? :)