Wednesday, November 21, 2012

marcy's broccoli salad

have i told you about my recent experience with a homeless man?
no? okay, here goes...

so, i pull up to a stoplight a couple of weeks ago,
and am stopped at a corner with a large contingency of homeless people.
a man with a sign comes up to my car.
and actually, my window happened to be rolled down about 3 inches.
enough for us to have a normal conversation through it,
but still make sure he couldn't stick his hand inside my car. ha!

first, he asks me for some money.
which i actually probably would have given to him
if it wasn't for my purse being in the trunk.

i say: no, i'm sorry. i don't have any.

next, he asks me if i have any food.
i look around my car, and don't see anything edible.

i say: no, i'm so sorry. i don't have any!

then he asks me if he could just go for a ride in my car with me.
he says it's been SO long since he's been able to ride in a car,
and that it would just make his day if he could just go for a a spin.

i say: haha, no. i have somewhere to go right now.
i'm so sorry.

finally, he tells me: i just want to 'hit a homerun with you'
can i just hit a homerun with you, please?

(UMMMMM?!)

i say: um, no. that is not going to happen.
but thank you for asking so nicely.

LOL!
(longest stop light of my life!)

recipe via marcy :)

ingredients
7 cups fresh broccoli florets, bitesize
10 slices cooked, chopped bacon
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
1/3 cup sunflower kernels
1 cup coleslaw dressing

directions

1. mix all ingredients together, and voila!






i actually just had this broccoli salad for the first time at friendsgiving.
and i've been thinking about it ever since! 
a delicious addition to any thanksgiving! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...