if i told you these were the best rice crispy treats
i've ever eaten in my entire life would you believe me?
and i know what you're probably thinking...
how do you make a rice crispy treat any better than it normally is?
recipe via smitten kitchen
1 stick unsalted butter
1 10oz bag of mini marshmallows
heaping 1/4 teaspoon course sea salt
6 cups rice krispies cereal (about half the box)
1. grease an 8" square cake pan with butter.
2. in a large pot, melt butter over medium-low heat.
it will melt, then foam, then turn clean golden,
and finally start to turn brown and smell nutty.
stir frequently, scraping up any bits from the bottom as you go.
don't take your eyes off the pot - it takes on color quickly and you don't want it to burn!
3. as soon as the butter takes on a nutty color,
turn the heat off and sprinkle in the salt, and stir in the marshmallows.
the residual heat should be enough to melt them,
just keep stirring!!
4. remove pot from stove and stir in cereal.
folding gently until all pieces of cereal are coated.
5. press into your pan with a spatula, until top is even.
let cool, slice and enjoy!