it was amazing :)
heather and i got to do some experimenting in the kitchen,
which included this 'kid-friendly' breakfast.
we honestly loved these. super cute and the perfect little meal!
recipe via cooking light
2 slices high quality pepper bacon
4 slices multigrain bread
4 large eggs
4 teaspoons grated fresh cheese (optional)
1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage (optional)
salt and pepper
1. position an oven rack in the middle setting.
place a jelly-roll pan on rack. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. cook bacon until crisp; crumble or chop.
3. meanwhile, cut a hole into the center of each toast
using a 3-inch biscuit cutter or knife
butter your toast.
4. remove hot pan from the oven, and butter generously.
arrange bread slices on hot pan; crack one egg into each hole.
sprinkle eggs with salt, pepper, fresh herbs, and cheese (optional)
5. bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes or until egg whites are set.
(you want your eggs to be similar to an over-easy consistency. don't overcook it!)
6. sprinkle with bacon crumbles.
enjoy your adorable little breakfast treat! :)