guess where i'm going today??
one of my favorite places... the oregon coast!!
(photos from our 2011 trip)
because i love summer so very much,
it's important to make summer cooking easy and enjoyable.
(think: shorter time in the kitchen, means longer time in the sunshine!)
two words: slow cooker! :)
1 16oz jar salsa
1 package dry taco seasoning mix
1 lime, juiced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
recipe via all recipes
1. add salsa, taco mix, lime and cilantro to slow cooker. stir.
2. add chicken and coat with salsa mixture
3. cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for about 6 hours,
or until chicken is tender and pulls apart easily.
4. shred chicken with two forks and mix with remaining salsa mixture.
5. serve in a tortilla with all your favorite toppings :)