i'm obsessed with one of our best friend's dogs.
i affectionately call her tala-pants.
tala is the best, so is josh, her owner :)
so, when our roughly 1x per month dinner party rolled around this month,
instead of making something for humans to enjoy, i thought i would spoil tala instead.
so.... dog treats it was!!!
i knew this was going to be an adventure,
as i've never even owned a pet myself, but still.
i got my recipe at an amazing resource: dog treat kitchen
i'm pretty sure tala loved them :)
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup peanut butter, creamy
1/2 cup chicken broth, low sodium
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup strawberry jam, sugar free
1. preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. whisk together the flour, oats and cinnamon.
3. place the peanut butter, chicken broth and water in a microwave safe bowl.
microwave on high for 15 seconds. stir together the warm peanut butter and liquids.
if needed, microwave again for 10 to 15 seconds.
stir again until all of the liquid is incorporated into the peanut butter.
3. make a well in the dry ingredients.
pour the peanut butter mixture into the dry ingredients and stir,
using a fork, until a dough forms.
4. lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
using a tablespoon sized cookie scooper,
scoop out rounded balls onto the prepared baking sheet.
create an indentation, and flatten each cookie.
5. bake for 15 minutes.
leave the peanut butter dog treats in the oven, once it's turned off, to cool.
6. once the dog treats are completely cooled, place the jam in a microwave safe container.
microwave for 10 seconds. then stir the jam.
if needed, microwave for another 10 seconds and stir.
you want a smooth liquid consistency.
using a 1/2 teaspoon, gently spoon the jam into each cookies indentation.
let the jam cool completely before moving the dog treats.
7. serve to the cutest puppy you can find!! :)