what's your favorite thing your mom cooks?
everyone has one... maybe lasagna or the perfect chocolate cookie?
(no really, i want to know...please leave a comment) :)
mine has always been this super fresh pasta dish...
with all my favorite flavors wrapped up into one... it just never gets old!
think: sun-dried tomatoes + garlic + lots of fresh basil + toasted pine nuts
with all this crazy sunshine in seattle,
this is the perfect thing to whip up in the kitchen.
it's light and it's easy breezy, so you won't spend 2 hours slaving away.
3 tablespoons pine nuts
2 pounds roma tomatoes, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
pasta of choice
parmesan for topping (if desired)
1. boil your water and cook up your pasta of choice
(i typically enjoy this with linguine)
2. heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat,
adding garlic, roma tomatoes and some salt/pepper. cook for a few minutes.
3. add sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil. stir.
4. stir in wine and chicken stock and reduce slightly.
5. in a small pan, toast up your pine nuts.
(watching carefully, so they don't burn)
6. serve pasta with a generous scoop of tomato mixture on top.
season with red pepper flakes and sprinkle with pine nuts.