seems that no other cookie was quite as appropriate for today.
who doesn't want to share peanut butter and
chocolate kiss cookies to everyone they love?? :)
(the best recipe you'll find for these are on the back
of the hershey kiss bag. it's true!)
happy valentine's day!
1 bag hershey kisses
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. heat oven to 375°F. remove wrappers from chocolates.
2. beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended.
3. add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy.
4. add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
5. stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
6. shape dough into 1.5 inch balls.
roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
7. bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
8. immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges.
remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. cool completely.
(this makes about 3 dozen cookies. i doubled the recipe so i could share the love)
tip: put your cookie pan in the fridge between baking times to be sure your
cookies don't melt too much before you pop them in the oven.
usually the bottom of the cookie dough starts melting while waiting for the
next batch to come out. returning the pan to at least room temp allows
for more consistent cookies through your entire batch! :)