what are your plans for dinner tonight?
this might be a good option.
(c/o cooking light)
it's nothing crazy, but good and easy.
loved the colors that brightened up a pretty standard pasta dish.
10 ounce uncooked linguine
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 pound chicken breast
3/4 teaspoon onion powder, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
2 tablespoons dry sherry
2 (8-ounce) packages presliced mushrooms
3/4 cup frozen green peas, thawed
3/4 cup reduced fat milk
2/3 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/3 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1 can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs (i used parmesan panko!)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. preheat oven to 450°.
2. cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. drain.
3. heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
cut turkey into 1" cubes. sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon onion powder,
1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
add chicken to pan; cook about 4 minutes, or until just done.
4. add 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, sherry, and mushrooms to pan.
cover and cook 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
5. combine peas, milk, sour cream, cheese, and soup in a large bowl.
add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, pasta, turkey,
and mushroom mixture to soup mixture, tossing gently to combine.
spoon mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
6. combine breadcrumbs and butter in a small dish, tossing to combine.
sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over pasta mixture.
bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes or until bubbly and thoroughly heated.
have a great night! :)