coffee cake muffs.
perfect way to start the day!
1 ½ cups flour
½ cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking pow
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup shortening
1 well-beaten egg
½ cup milk
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup chopped walnuts or ¼ cup pecans
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1. sift 1 1/2 cup flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into mixing bowl
2. cut in shortening till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. mix egg and milk.
4. add all at once to flour mixture.
5. stir just until moistened.
6. combine brown sugar, nuts, 1 tablespoon flour, cinnamon and butter.
7. place half of the batter in greased or paper lined muffin pans.
8. sprinkle half of nut mixture evenly over each one.
9. top with remaining batter, and then sprinkle with remaining nut mixture.
10. bake in 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
have a great day! :)