loved this mediterranean inspired chicken dish from cooking light.
super easy, healthy and delicious!
i served it with wild rice.
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
15 oil-cured olives, pitted and sliced
1 large shallot, sliced
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1. preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. combine lemon rind, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic in a large zip-top plastic bag.
add chicken to bag; seal. shake to coat chicken.
3. arrange chicken mixture in a broiler-safe
11 x 7" glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
sprinkle chicken evenly with oregano, rosemary, pepper,
olives and shallots. top with lemon slices.
4. bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes
5. remove chicken from oven. preheat broiler to high.
6. place chicken 3 inches from broiler element;
broil on high for 3 minutes or until chicken is browned and done.
(this last picture is courtesey of cooking light because i forgot to take a final picture.
oopsies! but it did pretty much look like this, i was just too busy eating it!) :)