i'm a die-hard beyonce fan.
i'm not sure if i've shared that with you yet...
if you think i stayed up late last night watching every single video
from her recent concert comeback in atlantic city - you are right.
something else i love a lot?
this new dessert recipe from my father's daughter
4 organic large egg whites
pinch fine salt
1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream
11/2 cups fresh blueberries, plus more for serving
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. combine egg whites, salt, and white vinegar together in a large bowl
beat on high speed until soft peaks form.
tip: for the best meringue possible,
allow your eggs to sit out for 30 minutes prior to mixing them
3. combine the 3/4 cup sugar and cornstarch together in a small bowl
and add to the egg whites in thirds, whisking each addition in completely.
add the vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form.
4. line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spoon the meringue in 8 big spoonfuls,
using a spoon to spread them in a circle, and then make an indent in each.
bake for 10 minutes, lower the heat to 200 degrees, and bake for another hour.
turn off the heat and cool the meringues in the oven for an hour,
propping the door open with a wooden spoon.
tip: allow enough room for them to expand (see pic below)
5. meanwhile, whip the cream together with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar.
in a small bowl, crush 1/2 cup of the blueberries with a potato masher to release their juices.
fold those and the rest of the blueberries into the cream if you like,
or use as a topping over the egg whites and cream.
6. evenly distribute the cream on the meringues, filling in the indentations.
top with juicy blueberries and serve.
(i also topped mine with vanilla bean ice cream)
i loved this little dessert!
so fun and easy and slightly out of the ordinary!