all of a sudden i love salads.
this is a new phenomenon in my life.
i used to think they were just blah.
now i'm obsessed :)
recipe via cooking light
1 medium red bell pepper
3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans), thawed
8 ounces haricots verts, trimmed
1 1/2 cups cooked, shelled fresh chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup minced shallots
3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
(i actually omitted this)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. preheat broiler to high.
2. cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes.
place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet;
flatten with hand. broil for 10 minutes or until blackened.
place in a paper bag; fold to close tightly.
let stand 10 minutes. peel and chop.
3. cook edamame and haricots verts in boiling water 4 minutes;
rinse with cold water, and drain.
4. combine bell pepper, edamame mixture, chickpeas,
salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
5. combine shallots and remaining ingredients, stirring well with a whisk.
(i omitted the mustard, but feel free to add) :)
6. drizzle dressing over bean mixture; toss. ENJOY!
*i found that i liked my salad better after it had chilled
for a couple of hours and the flavors had all blended together.
really really enjoyed this a lot. YUM!