i love my friends.
they inspire me, encourage me, and amaze me.
one of them is emily... here is a glimpse into her life...
jealous? me too :)
recipe via cooking light
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons canola oil
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
2 large eggs
1 large egg white
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
place flour, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, pine nuts, and salt in a food processor;
pulse 2 times to combine. add butter and canola oil.
pulse 3 to 5 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. place mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch square glass
or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray; press into bottom of pan.
bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. reduce oven temperature to 325°.
(i didn't have a square baking dish, so i used a pie pan) :)
4. combine granulated sugar and next 5 ingredients (through egg white)
in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
pour mixture over crust.
5. bake at 325° for 20 minutes or until set.
remove from oven, and cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
6. sprinkle squares evenly with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar.
cut into squares & enjoy!!
these lemon bars were amazing, and i got tons of compliments on them.
and you couldn't even tell that they were a 'light' version. perf!
only 124 calories each!