as mentioned here, my old passport in now en route
to be renewed at some processing center in georgia.
i am passport-less.
did i have any international trips planned for the next two weeks? no
nonetheless, i feel trapped in this country called america.
good thing, it's a great country to be trapped in.
SPOILER ALERT: you'll want to check back tomorrow for live coverage
of the olympics from my parents trip... including volleyball, tennis,
bike racing, the olympic torch, and MORE! :)
recipe via food network
2 pounds mixed tomatoes
1 tablespoon each chopped herbs of your choice
(i used basil and chives)
2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
2 teaspoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon honey
salt and pepper
1. cut tomatoes into wedges
2. whisk all remaining ingredients together.
3. toss with the tomatoes. top with more herbs.
4. enjoy :)
a couple of notes about this salad...
1. if you don't LOVE mustard, i would use about half the suggest amount
2. if you LOVE fresh herbs, i would double the amount suggested
3. let your tomatoes drain for a bit after cutting,
otherwise you're salad will quickly get too juicy and soggy
4. i thought this was even better after it was chilled!