time for some tips & tricks.
i'm pretty sure there's nothing better than a slow roasted tomato.
they're perfect for appetizers, pasta dishes, pizza, the list goes on and on.
here's how to make them. it's so amazingly easy.
recipe via my father's daughter
1. preheat oven to 275 degrees
2. cut tomatoes in half horizontally, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
3. bake seed side up for 3-5 hours or until they look sun-dried.
4. these will keep well for at least a week in an airtight container with a bit of olive oil.
5. use for anything and everything!
example: this super easy bruschetta.
mix roasted tomatoes with some fresh ones, along with salt, pepper & basil.
spread on top of fresh whole grain toasted bread. YUM! :)