Friday, September 7, 2012

vanilla pear cocktail

on nights i don't cook my routine is pretty standard.
i go to the pcc 2 blocks from my house
and pick up a 1/2 pint of a tasty looking salad
and one bottle of my all time favorite wine alianca vinho verde
yesterday, while picking up my
'i'm currently moving and my life is chaos' dinner meal,
the cashier that carded me commented that my birthday
was right around the corner.
first of all, my birthday is in november.
so while it's approaching, i wouldn't really say it's 'right around the corner'
then he commenting on my age. LOL.
apparently he has a long list of things he wants to
accomplish before he turns 30, so he can say he
accomplished 'all this crazy stuff in his twenties'
it's not a bad plan.
look for a 'to do in my twenties list' in the coming weeks...
recipe via two tarts
ingredients
12 oz (1.5 cups) pear juice
6 oz vodka
1/2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
vanilla sugar, for rim
1 cup ice, plus more to serve over
directions
1. mix pear juice and vodka in a pitcher or shaker.
split open the vanilla bean, and scrape the seeds into the juice and vodka.
add 1 cup ice, then give it a good shake.

2. pour into cocktail glass rimmed with sugar.
 makes 4 drinks.




confession: i didn't LOVE this cocktail.
it had all the right ingredients, it was just too sweet for me.
if you love sweetness & pear juice in particular - you'll love it.
but you know me, i always love experimenting! :)

1 comment:

  1. mmmm, i think i could do this cocktail... looks delish! you two crazy kids... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...