i'm ready to say goodbye to summer.
i'm excited for sweaters and boots and mittens
and crisp sunny mornings and pumpkin spice
and getting back into my normal routine.
but here is one last summer treat... s'more rice crispy treats.
ya'll seriously this was one of the easiest things i've ever made,
and it was a HUGE hit. friends LOVED this.
recipe via here, s'more version by me :)
6 cups rice krispy cereal
1 package + 1 cup regular marshmallows
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup mix of chocolate chips (white, milk chocolate, etc)
1. preheat broiler, and place rack 3-4" from top of your oven.
2. make rice krispy treats per the directions on the box
3. once you've spread the treats into their pan,
top with 1 cup marshmallows and your 1 cup of mixed chocolate chips.
4. place under the broiler and watch closely so the mallows don't burn
wait roughly 2 minutes or under chocolate chips look slightly melted.
5. pull the pan out of the oven and lightly press down on the marshmallows
to squish the mallows and chocolate pieces
6. let cool, serve & enjoy!!
my mouth is watering just remembering how delicious these were! :)