life is a little bit hectic right now.
i get the keys to my new place tomorrow night,
and move in begins promptly at 5pm on friday evening.
all my stuff is in boxes and the fact that i've even found
enough clothing to make up an entire outfit is a total miracle.
in the meantime,
i'll be catching up on some overdue blog posts :)
can't wait to show you my new place,
and start cooking again from my new kitchen!
recipe via epicurius
i don't know what it is about these mini chocolate cakes.
i always think they are such a good idea,
but i just can't seem to get them right!
these were a step in the right direction,
and a definite improvement.
but still not perfect. boo.
12 teaspoons plus 5 tablespoons sugar
8 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped
(i used chocolate chips)
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
3 large eggs
3 large egg yolks
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1. preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. generously butter eight 3/4-cup soufflé dishes or custard cups.
sprinkle inside of each dish with 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar.
(i cut my recipe in half)
3. stir chocolate and butter in heavy medium saucepan
over low heat until smooth. remove from heat.
4. using electric mixer, beat eggs, egg yolks,
and remaining 5 tablespoons sugar in large bowl
until thick and pale yellow, about 8 minutes.
5. fold 1/3 of warm chocolate mixture into egg mixture,
then fold in remaining chocolate. fold in flour.
6. divide batter among soufflé dishes.
place soufflé dishes on baking sheet.
bake cakes uncovered until edges are puffed
and slightly cracked but center 1 inch of each moves slightly
when dishes are shaken gently, about 13 minutes.
7. top each cake with scoop of ice cream or some fresh berries.