i'm off to suncadia for the weekend...
but i will leave you with this healthy twist on a pound cake.
(thank you bon appetit!)
instead of butter, they use greek yogurt - hello!
(i used my honey vanilla greek yogurt just for fun) :)
AMAZING! i loved this.
(and SO easy breezy!)
nonstick vegetable oil spray
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
3/4 cup whole-milk greek yogurt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
***you'll need a 8 1/2 x 4 1.2" loaf pan***
1. preheat oven to 350°. Coat pan with vegetable oil spray. dust with flour; tap out excess.
2. whisk 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, and kosher salt in a medium bowl.
3. using your fingers, rub sugar with lemon zest in a large bowl until sugar is moist.
add yogurt, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract; whisk to blend. fold in dry ingredients just to blend.
4. pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top.
bake until top of cake is golden brown and a tester inserted into center comes out clean,
5. let cake cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
LOVED THIS CAKE! :)