i wanted to share my current fave margarita recipes with you...
happy early cinco de mayo! :)
the classic margarita
1 1/2 ounces tequila (blanco, 100 percent agave)
1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 ounce cointreau
1. use a lime wedge and run it around the top of your glass.
using a shallow dish filled with salt, dip until rimmed perfectly.
2. fill glass with ice, add tequila, lime juice and cointreau.
stir until chilled.
(i also like to use a shaker for this)
(this marg is amazing!)
the agave margarita
2 lime slices or wedges
1/4 cup tequila blanco
2 tablespoons agave syrup (nectar)
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1. rim glass with salt... (see above)
2. combine tequila, agave syrup, and juice in a cocktail shaker; fill with ice and shake well.
strain into prepared glass. garnish with second lime slice.
(this is slightly sweeter, but still amazing!)
the blackberry margarita
same as agave marg above
plus 3 blackberries
1. muddle blackberries and agave in cocktail shaker
until berries and lightly crushed and juices are released
2. continue with agave recipe above.