happy holiday weekend :)
with all the sunshine, beachy cocktails and fresh berries coming out of my kitchen,
you would think it was already mid-august. i love my life :)
i'm loving an easy dessert right now...
one with fresh ingredients that you can just throw in a pan
and then grab it and head to a party 30-45 minutes later.
recently, my top faves have been...
1. strawberry shortcake
2. rhubarb apple cobbler
3. this very berry crumble :)
as seen in my father's daughter,
you can actually use 4 cups of any fruit you'd like
you can even mix it up.
how's that for easy breezy?
4 cups fruit - any type
(i used blueberries and sliced strawberries)
1/4 cup & 1 tablespoon whole grain spelt flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temp.
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. toss your fruit with the 1 tablespoon of spelt flour in a 9" pie plate.
3. combine the rest of the ingredients in a bow and mix with your hands
until it comes together in pea-sized crumbles.
4. sprinkle the topping evenly over the fruit and bake for 40-45 minutes,
or until the top has browned and the fruit juices are bubbling up around the edges.
5. take to a summer BBQ :)
serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream