i have a new obsession:
bon appetit magazine
how did no one let me in on this little secret???!
i picked one up yesterday at 10am.
by the time i went to bed at 11pm i had made 3 recipes.
I AM IN LOVE! :)
i just had to try this amazing savory breakfast cookie.
at first i wasn't sure how it would turn out...
oatmeal, raisins, BACON?? in a cookie?!
trust me on this.
your monday morning would be better
if you started your day with this :)
8oz sliced bacon, cut into 1/4-inch squares
(i swear by hemplers)
2 1/4 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup old-fashioned oats
2/3 cup raisins
1. line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-low heat,
stirring occasionally, until deep golden brown and crisp.
transfer bacon to paper towels.
2. whisk flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl.
3. using an electric mixer, beat both sugars and butter in a large bowl,
occasionally scraping down sides, until well blended, 2–3 minutes.
4. add eggs one at a time, mixing well between additions.
add vanilla; mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, 4–5 minutes.
5. mix in dry ingredients.
6. fold bacon, oats, and raisins into batter and stir until evenly incorporated
(dough will be sticky; chill briefly for easier handling, if desired).
7. using a 1/4-cup measure and forming dough into balls,
scoop batter onto prepared sheets, spaced at least 3 inches apart.
chill dough for 1 hour
8. arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 375°.
bake cookies, rotating pans halfway through,
until edges are light golden brown and centers are still slightly soft, 20–22 minutes.
9. let cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes.
transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.
10. take a bite and ENJOY all the flavors mixed into this savory breakfast cookie. YUM! :)