who wouldn't want to try a snack like this?
this took me like 20 minutes
and now i have a snack for my ferry rides.
thank you cooking light!
2 cups raw, unblanched almonds
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
(i found mine at whole foods)
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. place the almonds in a medium nonstick skillet;
cook over medium heat for 6 minutes or until lightly toasted,
shaking pan frequently.
3. combine the remaining ingredients in a 2-cup glass measure.
microwave at HIGH for 30 seconds.
4. add honey mixture to pan, and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. arrange almond mixture on prepared baking sheet in a single layer;
let stand 10 minutes. break apart any clusters.
these were super great and easy!
they do have quite a bit of spice,
so if you don't fancy some spicy chipotle
you can subsitute other great flavors in your almond glaze.
ideas: honey & sea salt, honey & cinnamon. YUM!
tip: be sure to toast your almonds well,
and cook mixture for the proper amount of time
so that they don't get soggy.