it's almost st. patrick's day.
and honestly, i only care because of two reasons:
1. my bestie is turning 30, and
2. i love holidays in general
so, i thought it would be a good idea to whip up
a st. patty's day inspired treat to share.
mint oreo pops!
what do you think?
1 box of mint oreos
chocolate candy coating
(homemade or otherwise)
1. prep oreos by taking them out of the box,
tasting one, and remembering how good they are :)
2. next, melt dipping chocolate according to package instructions
3. insert tip of stick into the chocolate and
carefully push into the filling of the oreo.
do this for every oreo, letting them cool before dipping the rest of the cookie.
(this gives the base a firm grip)
4. next, carefully dip entire cookie into the chocolate,
scraping off any excess with a spoon.
5. let these cool face down on parchment paper
6. now, they're ready to decorate!
i used shamrocks, but obviously you can do whatever your heart desires
7. place oreo pops into individual plastic bags
and tie with a cute green ribbon :)
8. ENJOY! :)
i hope you have a wonderful st. patrick's day!!! :)