i am trying to eat a bit healthier.
this is hard because i love to bake.
i decided carrot cake is moving in the right direction :)
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups finely shredded carrot (lightly packed)
3/4 cup cooking oil
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 8oz package cream cheese
4-5 cups powdered sugar
this great recipe is from BHG. totally classic!
super easy, tasted professional.
1. allow eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
meanwhile, grease & flour two round cake pans,
2. preheat oven to 350 degrees.
in a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder,
cinnamon, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
3. in another bowl combine eggs, carrot, and oil.
add egg mixture to flour mixture. stir until combined.
pour batter into the prepared pans.
*note: you don't want your carrot to be shredded too thick or too little.
i used the medium size on my grater and it seemed to work great!
4. bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes
or until a wooden toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean.
cool cake layers in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
remove cake layers from pans; cool thoroughly.
5. mix together softened butter, softened cream cheese
and as much powdered sugar as possible.
6. cut and prep cakes for stacking
7. place first cake on your stand
(i line with wax or parchment paper to prevent frosting from getting everywhere!)
8. frost generously and sprinkle with nuts
9. top with 2nd cake and frost like crazy
10. decorate the top if desired
*cover and store cake in the refrigerator for up to 3 days*