good morning sunshine!
here is a fab recipe from bon appetit for
raspberry linzer bars/poptarts
these didn't look perfect, but i loved the texture and taste.
they are worth a try!
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup almond flour or almond meal
(i found my almond flour in the
specialty part of a regular grocery store)
1/4 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
1 1/4 sticks chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2" cubes
2 large eggs
1/3 cup raspberry jam
1. whisk first 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
scrape in seeds from vanilla bean; whisk to blend.
2. add butter; rub in with your fingers until coarse crumbs form.
3. beat 1 egg in a small bowl; add to flour mixture.
stir until dough forms. divide in half.
4. working with 1 half at a time, roll out dough between 2 sheets
of parchment to a 12x10" rectangle. transfer to a baking sheet; chill for 2 hours.
5. preheat oven to 375°.
6. remove top layer of paper from 1 dough rectangle.
invert onto a baking sheet; remove remaining paper.
spread jam over in an even layer, leaving 1/2" border.
TIP: really do chill it for two, otherwise it's extremely hard to work with.
i got impatience... as you can tell by my funny shape. oopsies :)
7. whisk 1 egg in a small bowl to blend; brush lightly over plain border.
remove paper from second dough sheet and invert,
placing on top of dough covered with jam. remove paper.
press lightly from center of dough out toward edges to release any air pockets.
press edges to seal.
8. brush top with remaining beaten egg.
prick dough several times with a fork.
sprinkle with raw sugar.
9. bake until crust is golden, about 25 minutes.
let cool completely on a wire rack. trim edges. cut into bars.
10. enjoy! :)