in honor of pi day,
i decided to bake a mini apple pie.
i got inspired to bake a personal sized
apple pie inside of the apple itself. genius!
(makes 4 mini apple pies)
6 green apples
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
(my fave recipe is here)
1. cut the top off your granny smith and core
(this is a bit tedious. stick with it!)
2. slice up your remaining 2 apples and mix with the remaining ingredients.
3. fill apples with goodies.
4. roll out dough.
cut and weave into lattice like so...
5. transfer to the top of your little apple.
pinch edges and press gently against apple
to get them to stick and stay in place
6. place in a baking dish filled just slightly with water.
cover with foil and bake for 22 minutes.
remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes uncovered until golden.
7. cool in pan.
carefully remove & enjoy!!!
this honestly was adorable.
i almost didn't want to eat it.
but it was delicious & perfect for a single serving.
tasted exactly like a normal apple pie!