who doesn't love an amazing crouton?
it's like the bright spot in my
so, i decided to try to make a homemade version...
so crazy easy, and totally worth the effort.
i didn't have any left over bread at my house,
although i hear these are even better with some stale bread.
4 slices of french bread
4 tablespoons butter
1 clove garlic (i always add more)
1/2 tablespoon italian seasoning
1 tablespoon grated parmesan
*recipe adapted from allrecipes*
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. slice bread into crouton sized pieces
place in a large bowl with cheese
(i doubled the recipe)
3. in large saucepan, melt butter, garlic and seasoning together for 2 minutes
4. pour melted butter mixture over bread and stir to coat
5. spread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
bake for 15ish minutes or until dry & crunchy.
check frequently and stir a couple of times to prevent burning.
if your bread is stale, bake time will be shorter,
if it's fresh, you'll need to bake for longer
(mine took about 30 minutes)
i seriously could not stop eating these.
so tasty. like only half made it to my salad. ha!