if you're like me.... sometimes it's nice just to make one super easy thing for lunch or dinner.
i live by myself and it's not like i'm making an entire meal for one person.
so, something i love to do, is just pick out a veggie and make a whole meal of it.
now, i want to caveat this by saying, i realize that not everyone wants
to eat one thing for their entire meal, and a vegetable no less. but still :)
this is a super easy, no fuss recipe.
perfect for fall and winter. enjoy!
brown sugar (optional)
1. pick out your squash!
2. preheat oven to 350 degrees
3. cut it in half
4. scrape insides.... reminds me of carving a pumpkin! :)
5. place in a large oven safe casserole dish filled with about 1" water
(this keeps the squash from cracking and getting too dry)
6. salt and pepper lightly (optional)
7. cover loosely with foil
8. bake for about 30-35 minutes or until soft when poked with a fork
9. for a savory taste... just enjoy!
for a sweet taste, sprinkle with some brown sugar! mmm!
so easy! :)