perfect morning to stay in and make brunch!
i loved watching the snow fall this morning, while sipping my coffee,
hearing football play in the background, and putting my french toast in the oven.
pretty sure i had all the ingredients for a perfect morning! :)
(thank you food network & paula dean for this amazingly decadent recipe!)
1 loaf french bread
8 large eggs
2 cups half & half
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
dash of salt
2 sticks butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1. slice french bread into 1" slices
2. arrange slices into a generously buttered baking dish
overlap the slices
3. in a large bowl, combine eggs, half & half, milk, sugar,
vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. beat or whisk until blended.
4. pour mixture over the bread slices, making sure they are covered evenly.
spoon some of the mixture between the pieces as well.
5. cover. chill overnight.
6. the next morning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
7. make praline topping by combining butter, brown sugar,
pecans, corn syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. stir until well mixed.
8. spread over the top of the bread slices.
9. bake for 40 minutes until golden
this dish was a great mix of crunchy and gooey.
the nut topping really was a great addition. there were TONS of leftovers.
this dish could probably feed 8 people, along with some fruit, etc.
you should try it out :)
stay warm, seattle!