i feel like saturday nights were made for pizza.
so fun and so easy.
i tried out this new recipe from cooking light (my fave)
1 portion fresh pizza dough
(normally i buy mine at trader joes,
but ran out of time and tried pillsbury!)
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
2 links sweet italian sausage
1/4 cup vertically sliced onion
4 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
2 teaspoons cornmeal
4 ounces fontina cheese, shredded
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
1. let dough rest at room temp for 20-30 minutes.
2. preheat over to 450 degrees
3. heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, chicken, and sausage
sauté 5 minutes
4. remove mixture from pan. add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl.
add onion, mushrooms, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal.
roll dough out to a 14-inch circle on baking sheet.
6. brush dough with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with 2 ounces cheese.
7. arrange chicken mixture, vegetable mixture,
and bell pepper over cheese, leaving a 1/4-inch border.
8. top with remaining cheese and crushed red pepper.
9. bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until golden.
10. sprinkle with herbs.
11. cut & enjoy!!!
this pizza was actually super good. great flavors!
only problem was that i had SO many toppings the middle of my crust was a little gooey still.
still super great, and got a stamp of approval. yay!