as much as i love an amazing gourmet cupcake,
there is just something about the classic taste and nostalgia that
only a funfetti cupcake can bring.
i've been loyal to funfetti for years.
but it was finally time for me to try my very own home made funfetti!
inspiration and recipe borrowed from this amazing blog.
1 cup milk, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla
6 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter, room temperature
1 bag white chocolate chips
rainbow chip directions
1. divide your white chocolate chips into 4 microwave safe bowls.
heat in the microwave for 20 second intervals until melted. stir well.
2. add 4-5 drops food coloring into each bowl, stir quickly to prevent clumping
3. quickly spread on to a sheet of parchment paper,
and smooth out until it's about 1/4" thick
4. leave this out to cool while you work on the rest of your recipe
5. once the chocolate has set, chop into little pieces. set aside.
1. pre-heat over to 350 degrees
2. in medium bowl whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt
3. in small bowl, use a hand mixer with a whisk attachment to beat the egg whites.
start whipping on low. when frothy add cream of tartar. increase speed to medium.
4. when egg whites start forming very soft peaks, gradually add in 3/4 cup of sugar.
5. whip the whites until glossy, medium peaks form
6. in large bowl, cream butter and remaining 1 cup of sugar until fluffy. about 5 minutes.
7. on low speed add 1/3 flour mixture. then add half of the milk and vanilla.
alternate until both wet and dry ingredients are all added.
stop mixing right before all the flour is completely combined.
8. finish mixing the batter by hand. don't overwork.
9. lightly fold in the egg whites and rainbow chips.
10. fill cupcake papers about 3/4 full and bake for about 18 minutes
11. cool, decorate with frosting and sprinkles of your choice! :)
happy baking! :)